Operational Risk Analyst
Circa £41,000 + 10% Completion Bonus
Based Wythall, South Birmingham (B47)
Initial 6 Month Fixed Term Contract (Potential to become permanent)
Making the move to Phoenix offers you the exciting prospect of being a key figure in a team of risk experts within a Group Risk function that has a strong reputation and prominent standing within the organisation. A member of the FTSE 250 Index, with a premium listing on the LSE and one of 'Britain’s Top Employers’ for the last 6 consecutive years, we have 6.1 million policyholders and assets under management of £74 billion, including the recently acquired Abbey Life, AXA Wealth & Sun Life businesses.
Reporting to the Head of Operational Risk Measurement, this role will initially support the project to enhance the operational risk incident data framework, including the development, implementation, data gathering and roll-out of the enhanced Framework across the Group. On an ongoing basis, the role will be primarily responsible for the maintenance of the framework - in particular:
- Collection, analysis and delivery of Business Risk and Incident data to drive the calculation of the Operational Risk capital.
- Ongoing maintenance and QA of the incident data to load into the risk system and to support Line 1 and 2 MI production.
- Provide support and challenge and follow up with Operational Risk Incident owners to ensure that incidents are appropriately identified and managed effectively in line with the Group Risk Management Framework requirements.
However, the role will support the broader aspects of RMF oversight and assurance undertaken within the Operational Risk team.
This is an initial 6-month fixed term contract with a potential to become permanent.
You will able to demonstrate
- The ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Good team working and influencing skills
- Understanding of financial services and specifically Life and Pensions
- Good understanding of risk management frameworks and how incident management fits into this
- Understanding of operational risk disciplines and coverage
- The ability to manage and prioritise tasks, and adapt to the changes in demand to meet challenging deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (at all levels) including verbal and written communication
- Competency in the use of a range of information systems, including Microsoft Office, Excel, power point.
- Understanding of tools that can be used to support effective risk and control frameworks e.g. eGRC
In return, you can look forward to a great package, excellent conditions and a superb working environment, plus the chance to make your mark in a rapidly developing FTSE listed company.
N.B. When on the Phoenix Careers site, first time visitors will be asked to register before applying.
Closing date: Midnight, Thursday 3rd August 2017.