Business Development Executive
My client is looking for a Business Development manager ideally with experience in Medical, Manufacturing and Industrial Sales.
The purpose of this role is to drive and develop direct sales into B to B environment. Responsible for meeting his or her individual sales targets by value and product type. Provide Commercial and Contract support, in order to facilitate and deliver the business objectives, while actively administering business information, reporting and documentation.
- Make outbound calls to prospective customers - business to business calls.
- Book own appointments and engage with prospective / existing customers.
- Drive and develop sales to support business targets and objectives.
- Maintaining and updating customer database.
- Analyse customer sales data, qualify prospects and determine specific actions.
- Utilise Salesforce.com CRM system to capture and analyse sales activity.
- Call, email, or respond to customers to follow up initial sales contacts.
- Sourcing and managing leads from business database the internet and email campaigns.
- Explaining and promoting the product to prospective clients.
- Planning targets and assisting proposal writing
- Responding to RFIs & ITTs.
- Collating, analysing and preparing business reports.
- Customer liaison.
- Assisting other sales executives to achieve their sales targets with all aspects of sales process.
- Assisting with marketing activities.
- Involved in Sales planning activities.
- Preparing sales pitches.
- Organising business meetings, preparing agenda and keeping minutes.
- Associated admin support / duties as and when required
- To assist the Operational & Sales activity within the company, as and when required.
- Ensure customer satisfaction is the highest priority.
- Ensure that associated administration is carried out on a daily basis.
- Preparation of commercial business report as required to support Sales activity.
- Analysis of sales data and reporting on a regular basis.
- Assist the credit control function in the company in the avoidance of bad debts.
- Regular interaction with personnel to ensure effective communication of Commercial activity impacting on customer service.
- Liaising with Site personnel at sites and depots to ensure high levels of customer service.
- Ensure management teams are kept informed and key projects are implemented in response to Business needs as defined from time to time.
- Act as Company Ambassador in all external activities.
- Close liaison with company H&S, Quality and Regulatory personnel to ensure compliance of systems and practices of Safety, Good Manufacturing Practice and Good Distribution Practice.
- Ensure effective systems are followed for alerting any H&S, Quality & Regulatory deviations, to relevant personnel.
- Operate within the guidelines as defined by the Company's BS EN ISO 9001:2000 Quality Assurance System at all times.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Experience in selling in either a manufacturing, medical or industrial environment.
- Good standard of numeracy and literacy.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety requirements.
- A full, clean driving licence.
- Knowledge of administrative procedures and systems.
- The ability to communicate using emails and word processing.
- Good telephone manner.
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Why not listen to some of the inspiring stories from our candidates and their one piece of career advice. It's just a few of the thousands of people who have found success in their working lives with Randstad. Visit to find out what you could become.