Purchase Ledger Supervisor
Purchase Ledger Supervisor, Birmingham. FTSE 250 Organisation.
A newly created position to manage the Purchase Ledger function for a large corporate based in Birmingham, supervising a team of 5 Purchase ledger clerks.
The organisation has grown rapidly in the Midlands and their direction is changing to invest heavily over the next couple of years, thus there will be more work and responsibility on the purchase side of finance.
Your new role
- Management of the Purchase Ledger.
- Supervision and management for the department with 5 Ledger Clerks.
- Allocation of resources to ensure timely and effective processing of all payments/invoices.
- Monthly management reports.
- Establishing and developing KPIs for the team
- Ad hoc reconciliation projects.
What you'll need to succeed
- Supervision of staff is desirable, 5 years experience doing purchase ledger/general ledger.
- Accounting qualification PQ level AAT, ACCA, CIMA.
- Good level of knowledge over VAT submission
- Strong reporting skills and intermediate user on Excel (Vlookups, Pivot tables)
- Strong communicator and able to both business partner and push back.
What you'll get in return
- An opportunity to grow in an organisation that have a progression plan in place.
- 25 days Holiday
- Healthy bonus and pension scheme
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.