My client is looking for a Legal Cashier to join their finance team based in the centre of Birmingham near all major transport links.
Our client's finance team are committed to providing an efficient and accurate service to their legal advisers and to other support functions. At the centre of this is ensuring that the client and office accounts are kept up to date and invoices are produced accurately and in a timely manner.
- To hand out client cheques to on a daily basis
- To ensure that the cheques received are banked on a daily basis.
- To reconcile out of date cheques regularly and to report into the Finance Manager
- Sending all CHAPS/Faster payments daily within the specified time frames
- To carry out any transfers ie client to client, matter to matter, client to bill, client to disbursement and disbursement to disbursements in accordance with Accounts Rules.
- To ensure cheques are cancelled/stopped at the bank when required.
- To input all invoices from Couriers, Companies house etc. on the system and paid on a monthly basis.
- To understand the billing process and raise bills on a daily basis.
- To understand the process of credit notes/write offs/cancellations
Legal cashier experience within legal services Positive with can do attitude Excellent attention to detail and accuracy Have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines Ability to maintain high standards Organised with a neat and tidy approach to working practices A friendly and helpful approach Have a flexible approach to working practices Ability to work as part of a small team
£20,000 - £21,000
Birmingham City Centre
9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday