Bookkeeper £18k-£22k Dependent Upon Experience
We are looking to recruit a bookkeeper with a thorough knowledge of bookkeeping, to carry out regular bookkeeping in our city centre office. To have the ability to competently use or quickly learn how to use Xero cloud accounting package and to be confident and comfortable managing credit control.
You will have well developed inter-personal skills and be able to communicate effectively with our client base and your fellow team members in our diverse and quickly growing group of companies.
You will demonstrate enthusiasm and a commitment to delivering a high-quality service to our clients and have the ability to communicate with client staff at all levels, including senior management and director levels.
Bookkeeper Duties will include:
- Reporting to the Managers and Directors as you will be working with a diverse portfolio of businesses (incorporated) trading in different verticals ranging from start-ups through to million-pound turnover companies.
- Providing general accountancy support work to the rest of the business department on statutory accounts preparation on an ad hoc basis.
- Liaising with tax department when necessary.
- Willing to quickly develop technical knowledge in particular concerning the use of various apps in the cloud accounting ecosystem that facilitate transaction processing e.g. Xero as well as other optimized add-ons.
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns ensuring HMRC filing deadlines are tracked and met.
- Managing credit facilities that are in place for existing clients, and business factoring accounts.
- Monthly/Quarterly management accounts preparation.
This is a great opportunity to join a very forward thinking and quickly growing group of dynamic businesses, and a secure permanent role for the right candidate.