TRAINING SHED is a young, vibrant, mission driven Health and Fitness company with an exciting future. We are currently recruiting highly motivated and passionate people to help drive our vision forward.
After an initial trial period shifts for this position will be on an employed part time basis. A successful candidate will be expected to work a variety of morning, afternoon and evening shifts which would be discussed at interview stage and also be put on a rota for weekend shifts. On top of these hours SHED staff will be encouraged to build up their client base and increase their earnings outside of their shifts.
A SHED is a training facility like no other and we take health and fitness seriously, aiming to provide a one stop shop approach. Our mix of TRAINING SHED Physiotherapists, Sports Therapists, Acupuncturists and Health Coach/Personal Trainers work together as a team to get results for our clients. We have three core values inside the Shed and have successfully shown that when all three are implemented then any health and fitness goal can be attained and we are looking for people who are as passionate as us to help deliver our services.
We demand the best results for our clients so we provide the best facilities and equipment for them to work with. You won’t find rows of treadmills in a SHED because our members aren't hamsters, they're people; people that need to be fit for function whatever their goals. From improving their health and fitness, training for sports, fat loss or crazy things like Obstacles Races, Marathon de Sables and even Climbing Kilimanjaro. Whatever their goal we’ll help them to make it happen.
The SHED has an Indoor Astro area, Boxing Area, Essential Cardio, large free weights area including cable stations, and room for Olympic lifting. We also have a 20m indoor Sprint Track, Strongman equipment and a multi function Rig and we are always adding more tools to help us get the best results.
All of our Team are pretty awesome at this...
- Treating the Customer with respect and delivering a high standard of service.
- Teaching classes, let us know which class qualifications you have.
- Completing gym inductions/PARQs and signing up new members.
- Designing and developing results targeted fitness programmes for members.
- Working with other members of the team to get the best results for clients.
- Getting involved in our athletic development programme with schools.
- Ensuring all equipment is clean and well maintained, just how you would like to find
- Going the extra mile and genuinely caring about our members
What you have to be...
- A true coach and one that practices what they preach.
- An outstanding passion for health and fitness.
- Awesome motivational and instructional skills
- A great listener, we talk with our clients everyday but mainly we listen - then we
work out how we can help them.
- A problem solver
- Someone with a genuine desire to help people and change their lives.
- We don’t expect you to be Bill Gates but IT skills are essential.
- We’re always learning, so be prepared to grow your knowledge with us!
Make sure you’ve got...
- REPS Level 3 minimum.
- First Aid at Work.
It’s not essential but if you’ve got these (we`re cooking!)...
- Sports Science/Coaching/Strength & Conditioning BSc or above.
- Any additional industry qualifications.
- 2 years experience in the industry