Teaching Assistant - Bletchley House School
Salary: £13,000 - £15,500 per annum DOE.
Permanent: Term Time (38 weeks per year)
Location: Bletchley, Milton Keynes
Were a great team, Join us
Opportunity to join an amazing team at a school that is growing.
Hours per week: 08:30 - 16:30 - Monday - Friday
Purpose and summary of job:
The role of the Teaching Assistant is primarily to help to provide a happy, secure, caring and effective environment in which learning can best take place. The support provided is for the student, the teacher, the curriculum and the school. The role involves carrying out a range of tasks, under the direction of a Teacher or Instructor, from contributing to the general care of students and helping to assist in the delivery and evaluation of specific programmed.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Support for the student:
By carrying out the following duties as directed by the Teacher or Instructor:
- To establish and maintain relationships with individual students and groups
- To provide care and support for individual students and groups in formal, informal and new learning situations.
- This includes responding to health problems and helping the student with hygiene and personal/intimate care matters consistent with Personal, Social and Health Education programmed
- To enable students to participate in learning activities by providing support, as appropriate for their specific
- No criminal record including convictions, cautions, reprimands, bindings over or warnings which may be relevant to the safety and welfare of the students or staff.
- Teaching Assistant NVQ level 3 1
- Clean, current car driving licence
- Experience of working effectively as part of a team
- Experience (2 years min) of successful relevant learning support work
- Experience of relating positively to children/young people
You will receive full induction training and you will also learn from some of the most dedicated and inspirational people in our profession and just like our young people, you’ll be learning all the time through our ongoing mentoring and support. Benefits include Company Pension Scheme and Staff Reward Scheme.
Will have to meet the person specification in order to be offered this post. Cambian is committed to Safeguarding and protecting the young people and service users within our care, we expect all staff to share this commitment. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and reference checks. Cambian is an equal opportunities employer.
Full UK Driving Licence is essential to apply for this role.