We are currently working with a medical device manufacturing company, who require a Project Manager to be based at their HQ site near Warwick. As Project Manager, your projects will typically be diverse in nature with some technical or delivery unknowns present at the start of the project. The project manager will successfully and autonomously deliver projects using industry and best practice knowledge whilst drawing on formal and informal support from within the PMO and from various departments as needed.
The Key Responsibilities of the Project Manager
- Provide accurate spot measurements of projects status, maintaining at all times up to date timelines for delivery of major milestones.
- Identify and document new risks and their impact on the project proposing suitable mitigations
- Co-ordinate a team, leveraging senior technical and business leadership as needed.
- Consistently and proactively communicate to relevant stakeholders. Eliciting stakeholder views as needed to manage projects effectively
- You will also limit project scope creep
- You will ensure appropriate and independent priorisation of project and personal tasks to deliver agreed project goals.
Project Selection and Scoping
- Support project scoping as necessary
- You will be required to adapt formal and informal communication strategies for/to stakeholders across the business, ensuring every interaction balances the business with personal relationships.
- You will work closely with senior stakeholders to elicit their needs as required and incorporate these into project delivery goals.
- You will also oversee and ensure timely, proportionate communication with relevant stakeholders
Project Management Process Improvements
- As project manager you will propose and contribute to system, and process improvements whilst ensuring complete adherance to all relevant processes in a collaborative and influencial manner.
- You will keep abreast of industry best practice in project management techniques, applying as appropriate across the business and associated projects.
Project Manager Requirements/Qualifications
- Degree qualified or equivalent work experience ideally in an engineering or related technical discipline.
- Proven track record of Project Management experience with Agile, Critical Chain, PRINCE 2 preferably supporting complex medical device delivery or from another regulated environment including either Aerospace, or Defence development or Life Sciences (equipment) or SME Engineering business.
- Hands on NPI (New Product Introduction) experience, liaising with various departments
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and/or ISO 13485
- Advanced knowledge of risk management principles applied to the development of safety critical systems ISO 14971
Applications required ASAP as interviews will commence immediately.
In return, you can expect a very £competitive salary, personal advancement as the company is growing exponentially and possesses a work based culture that any employer in this sector will be hard pressed to beat.