Project Quality Engineer - Apex CF
The role in a nutshell:
- Process Owner for identified APQP projects and as such will need to produce timing plans, implement product quality samples and ensure early identification of any quality changes, liaising with customers to provide support, advice and answers in an understanding and professional manner.
- Supporting the introduction of new products into the Company System.
What you will be doing:
- Full responsibility for implementation and management of all APQP/PPAP activities.
- Improve the technical performance and readiness of internal functional readiness in facilitation of APQP.
- Supply Chain management to ensure compliance of bought in products on new projects throughout the development of key customer milestone to an internal series handover.
- Work in a methodical, organised and timely manner to ensure conformance of internal contribution is efficient (and effective) in implementation, adequately monitored and reported, and reviewed on a regular basis with suppliers with a view to introducing and implementing improvements (throughout the Programme Life-Cycle) that will have an effect on QCD performance.
- Report performance and status (internally and externally) from data collected within the business.
- Establish and champion structured APQP/Programme Reviews, reporting status (live) to Programme Management and Customer Quality/Supplier liaison.
- Responsible for documentation/record generation (IMDS, Process Flows, FMEA's, Control Plans, SOP's, Work Instructions etc.) identified by new process/product introduction or via Engineering Changes to existing Processes.
- Responsible for Customer Quality Reporting -: (examples).
- QPN, BeOn, LION, Bentley Motor Cars
- RMT, VDA6, Rolls-Royce / BMW
- Ensure that all associated equipment (gauges, fixtures, machines, processes) used in the production, fabrication and manufacture of the product are validated via a demonstrable MSA Study. This includes qualification studies i.e. SPC Reporting.
- Ensure that all product by our client (including parts supplied to our client) are fully validated (with evidence) for dimensional, material and test verification (DVPR/PV Testing), process capability studies (and associated sign-off), AAR (Raw Moulding, Painted Product as necessary) included as part of the PPAP Submission Package and qualification for sign-off to Customer.
- Ensure that all products associated within a programme are represented with Full Master Sample Suite (representing all key stages of process), recorded, stored and archived at the appropriate production facility.
- Similarly, IF Master Samples are required within the Supplier Base and/or Customer Base, the APQP Function is the custodian for generation and change control level traceability throughout the Life-Cycle of the programme.
- Ensure that all Packaging, Final Part Quality Assurance - including SOP's are documented and available internally - and externally (as required).
- Review and ascertain Supplier and (ultimately) Customer PPAP Approval per product/module in a timely-manner to project plan.
- Attend and present APQP Status to Customer (as required).
- Attend and present APQP Status to Programme team (Live), including management and resolution planning of Key Activities or deliverables necessary to complete PPAP.
- This includes Risk Mitigation, appropriate Supplier Quality performance management and management of Customer expectations.
- Create, record, monitor, amend and review Problem Resolution documentation (e.g. 8D's or equivalent) for issues identified throughout the Life-Cycle of the Programme.
- Carry out reasonable tasks as requested by your Line Manager in line with Department/Company objectives.
- All APQP/PPAP Documentation and Records to be maintained and traceable (by Programme).
- All APQP/PPAP Documentation must comply with TS16949 and remain auditable at all times.
- Supplier/Customer attendance will be required - location - predominantly UK, Europe.