Health, Safety and Environmental Officer
Job Title:Health, Safety and Environmental Officer
An exciting opportunity for a Health, Safety and Environmental Officer has arisen working for a leading Commercial Vehicle Specialist. Covering all aspects of Health, Safety, Environmental and Compliance across multiple sites.
- Promote, advise and guide the local teams on all aspects of (HSE) Health, Safety & Environmental and Compliance responsibilities
- Provide support and (HSE) Health, Safety and Environmental training for the local teams.
- Undertake full (HSE) Health, Safety and Environmental auditing twice per year at each location and recommend corrective actions for local implementation.
- Review the company exposure to (HS&E) Health, Safety and Environmental risks and identify and implement where appropriate the necessary corrective measures
- Undertake accident investigations as required and monitor data in order to highlight causes, identify remedial actions and reduce risks
- Undertake and implement projects and initiatives in order to improve (HS&E) Health, Safety and Environmental standards
- Monitor the implementation of Group (HSE) Health, Safety, Environmental & Compliance initiatives to ensure that expected results are achieved and benefits realised
- Maintains the all (HSE) Health, Safety and Environmental records in a timely manner through the management system.
- BSC, IOSH, NEBOSH qualified or another formal Health & Safety Qualification
- Proven experience in Health, Safety, Environmental and Compliance
- A background within Commercial Vehicles/Engineering or Manufacturing is essential
- Commercial/Influencing skills
- Project Management experience
- Team leadership skills
- Must be able to travel across various sites
- Confident character with a sense of authority
- Experience in challenging processes/people on Health, Safety and Environmental.
Hours: Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm 40 hours per week
Salary: Up to £35,000 pa + Company Car