Retail Supervisor - Golf Shop
We are currently accepting applications for the position of Retail Supervisor for the Belfry Hotel and Golf Resort, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands.
The Resort has been awarded "England's Leading Resort & "England's Best Golf Hotel" the past two years and "Europe's Best Golf Resort" 2016. The Belfry is proud of its rich sporting history and heritage, hosting the Ryder Cup four times in 1985, 1989, 1993 & 2002.
Set within the busy Golf Shop, the Retail Supervisor requires a high energy, sales focused individual who deals with all customer enquiries, in a courteous and professional manner. The role also demands an individual that is able to drive a team and the revenue to ensure that all opportunities are maximised to sell golf products, whilst providing excellent guest service.
Scope of the Role:
You will have experience in a golf retail role either as part of a Golf club or a standalone sports business that has a focus on golf retail and be ready for your next challenge.
Both exceptional customer service, team management and communication skills are essential for this role, and the successful candidate must be able to demonstrate their ability to deliver this. The ideal candidate will possess a hunger to produce a high quality of work in a retail environment that celebrates individual and team success.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- To manage the store in the absence of the Retail manager, including opening and closing of the business.
- Cashing up responsibility for the golf shop.
- To assist with the daily operation of the shop floor under the direction of the Retail Manager.
- To ensure excellent customer service, meeting and greeting the customers at all times.
- To maximise revenue by approaching and selling to customers.
- To lead and develop the team alongside management
- To deputise in the absence of the retail manager
- Maintaining exceptional merchandising standards throughout the shop.
- Awareness of products throughout the shop at all times.
- Ensuring the health and safety of yourself and others at work.
- Following correct till procedures.
- Following the correct procedures for customer orders, customer returns and faulty goods.
- To ensure loss prevention and stock control procedures are followed.
- Assisting with stock-take.
- Supporting the back office team.
- Any other ad hoc duty requested by your line manager.
Experience in a Golf Shop environment within a club or standalone sports shop environment preferred but not essential as full training will be given
What's in it for me?
- Competitive Salary & Commission Package
- Meals On Duty
- Free Car parking
- 28 Days Holiday increasing to 33 after 5 year service
- Team, Friends and Family discount on rooms B&B + leisure
- Discounted stays at Our sister Hotels
- Up to 40% Discount on Food and Beverage outlets
- Up to 40% Discount at The Spa on Beauty treatments
- Discounted Gym Membership for you and your partner
- Plus Many Many More
If you feel that you fulfil the above criteria and are ready for your next career step within a progressive Hotel Company that provides lots of future career opportunities, training and progression we look forward to receiving your application in strictest confidence.