The Midcounties Co-operative are looking for a enthusiastic individual with excellent attention to detail. This role is ideal for an individual working towards a finance qualification or someone who is looking to start a career in finance.
As Banking Assistant you will ensure that all the Society bank accounts are maintained and reconciled up to date, to ensure that all the monies due to the society are received and coded to the relevant Groups.
You will be responsible for -
- Reconcile computerised trading bank accounts
- Identify and Investigate unmatched items raising queries with the bank, trading branches, support groups and external companies
- Escalate banking discrepancies to District and Operational Management
- Prepare and post Journals to balance sheet/profit and loss to correct entries
- Support and supervise other banking assistants in the team
- Identify and code unpaid cheques to relevant cost centres, inform relevant trading and support groups
The role is based within our Warwick head office.