Senior BI Developer
As a Senior BI Developer, you’ll play a lead role in a team responsible for providing the business with advanced reporting solutions to track & support business planning.
Demonstrating significant experience in a BI/DataW development role, you’ll take ownership of all aspects of MI project development, encompassing: designing solutions, utilising information from various data sources to produce management information, working with complex databases to provide recommendations as to the best information, interpreting requirements and conducting meetings with senior stakeholders to articulate outpts.
This is a great opportunity for a self-starter who is keen to shape plans and support the launch of new BI strategy within a commercial business. The role offers lots of variety and will partner stakeholders to agree requirements that will provide insight and drive business value.
The current reporting system comprises of an SQL based Data Store with a back end Oracle RDMS platform - applicants with experience of other RDBMs are welcome to apply.
- Excellent SQL Development skills, experience of key functionality (joins, subqueries, complex case statements etc.)
- Database and system/process design (Oracle or SQL Server)
- Excellent MS Excel skills including data analysis, pivot, tables, regression, charts etc.
- Documenting systems and processes
- Experience of mass data set manipulation and analysis
- Previous experience of leading small project development teams
- Strong stakeholder engagement and interpersonal skills
- Diligent and reliable with strong skills in delivery
- Experience of challenging customers / stakeholders where quality of deliver issues impact priorities and deliverables
- Confident verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of wider Reporting and Business Intelligence methods and tools
- Knowledge of advanced analytics or statistical modelling
In return you’ll join a business with a fun culture that welcomes new ideas, whilst offering an excellent work / life balance and range of softer benefits. Above all you’ll get lots of autonomy and recognition for exceptional performance.
Apply for full job and interview details.