bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is seeking an Infrastructure Engineer to work in its technical function based in Staffordshire, England.
The business employs numerous highly skilled engineers across a range of technical disciplines to achieve impressive and continuous annual growth. Investment in technology is fundamental to this success.
This vacancy is for an Infrastructure Engineer working within the Infrastructure Engineering team. The successful applicant will join a team responsible for the Virtualisation Stack and ongoing provisioning and deployment of all server assets across the bet365 estate.
Managing the Virtualisation Stack:
• Supporting the virtual estate, end to end.
• Defining and creating capacity assessment reports, health check assessments, requirements documents, technical architectures/designs, IT process flows and operational procedures.
Virtualisation standards and recommendations:
• Managing the Deployment Stack, associated technologies and asset deployment build processes.
• Interacting with the Projects team to schedule and prioritise workloads.
• Defining stack (Drivers, Firmware, OS, Patch, Agents).
• Deploying operating systems to both physical and virtual guests.
• Responsibility for the defining and creating of firmware/driver bundles and security patch baselines.
• Documenting standards and configuration guides owned by the team.
Developing and managing of the automation toolset:
• Maintaining deployment specific automation platform and associated toolsets.
• Responsibility for automation Scripts and version control within the build process.
• Responsibility for the maintenance of servers under departmental ownership.
• Professional, hands on experience with mid to large scale VMware deployments including implementing, troubleshooting, managing, configuring, and patching.
• Practical knowledge of Hyper Converged Platforms and architectures.
• Ability to gather technical requirements necessary for the design, development and implementation of enterprise virtualisation solutions.
• Previous exposure to performance and capacity planning, monitoring, virtualisation analysis and consolidation activities.
• Knowledge of backup and recovery best practices including the ability to design and recommend backup solutions for virtual environment architectures, replication methodologies and differences between RTO/RPO’s across various technologies.
• Knowledge of scripting, automation techniques and associated toolsets such as MDT, Satellite, Ansible, GIT, PowerShell, Python, Bash and Golang.
• Delivering small projects with minimal supervision and direction.
• Ability to work as a member of a team on large projects, taking direction from a project manager and lead architect.
• Ability to conduct self-study and independent work in lab facilities to increase job related knowledge and skills.
• Effective written communication skills.
• Qualifications should be industry standard to the role such as VCP6-DCV, RHCSA and MCSE.
To apply, send your CV and Covering Letter, quoting the Job Reference Code IENG0717RD to Human Resources Department, Hillside (Shared Services) Limited, bet365 House, Media Way, Stoke-on-Trent, England, ST1 5SZ or click on the link to apply.
The closing date for applications is Friday 25th August 2017.