Interim Procurement Specialist - MRO
This is a part time interim role working with a high profile manufacturing company. It requires a high calibre procurement professional with significant category MRO expertise and will be approximately 30-45 days work over August, September & October depending on when the successful candidate can start. There is a genuine opportunity for the contract to be extended if successful.
The role is responsible for the implementation of procurement initiatives across the UK plants of our client, the main site being in Staffordshire. You will conduct a spend analysis project to identify the best areas to achieve savings through re-tendering, contractual negotiation, spend optimisation and effective stakeholder requirement management.
Sub categories to be considered include
- Mechanical spares parts
- Maintenance consumables
- Working supplies and PPE
- Material Handling Equipment leasing and maintenance
- Maintenance services (electrical, automation, plumbing…)
Essential skills and experience include:
- At least 5 years relevant experience
- Knowledge of MRO sector, its suppliers (OEM / distributors) and applicable levers
- Negotiation capabilities with large contractors
- Effective stakeholder management
Please apply indicating your desired day rate, availability and relevant expertise. The project will start as soon as a suitable candidate can be identified.