Job Title: Sous Chef
Department: Conference & Banqueting
Responsible to: Executive Head Chef
Works closely with: Junior Sous Chef, Sous Chef, Head Chef & Executive Head ChefRequired: We are currently accepting applications for the position of Sous Chef at the Belfry Hotel and Golf Resort, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands. The Resort has been awarded ‘England’s Leading Resort & England’s Best Golf Hotel’ the past two years and ‘Europe’s Best Golf Resort’ 2016. The Belfry is proud of its rich sporting history and heritage, hosting the Ryder Cup four times in 1985, 1989, 1993 & 2002.Scope of the Role:The Belfry’s Kitchen Brigade now has the unique opportunity for a Sous Chefto join our fantastic teamin our conference and banqueting kitchen.This is a great opportunity for a Junior Sous Chef or a Sous Chef In a smaller operation looking to further their career in the hospitality sector at Europe’s Leading hotel and resort. As Sous Chef you must ensure the high standards are met and maintained by all, and be able to demonstrate high levels of attention to detail and pride in the dishes that you produce.Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Responsible for controlling standards within kitchen. Must be able to suggest menu and creative food ideas taking into account the company’s food cost and menu guidelines.
- Managing, motivating and developing the Kitchen brigade in the absence of the Head Chef.
- To ensure that all food items are stored quickly and efficiently thus avoiding unnecessary quantities being held within the kitchen. Always ensuring complete utilisation of all items made with the minimal wastage possible
- Must be hands on and be able to demonstrate all menu ideas through food tasting
- Enforces the high standard of hygiene and sanitation in all food related outlets along with enforcing and monitoring all job description guidelines
- Works closely with the front of the house management to anticipate business levels that might affect the daily ordering process
- To ensure all order sheets are presented to the Executive Sous Chef/Executive Chef by the stated time, checking that all commodities for all sections have been covered in sufficient time in order to meet production schedules
- To inspect daily all food stores and refrigeration to ensure areas are clean and organised
- Contributes menu ideas to make sure that the Ryder Grill is ahead of growing trends
- Ensuring an effective and efficient kitchen operation including following quality and portion control recipes and garnish requirements as instructed.
- Supervising a designated aspect of the kitchen operation working directly by the Head Chef.
- Assisting in preparing top class cuisine using fresh local ingredients.
- ·Ensuring a high standard of hygiene and sanitation in all food related outlets and areas of responsibility,
- ·Ensuring that all food items are stored quickly and efficiently thus avoiding unnecessary quantities being held within the kitchen areas thus utilising all items made with the minimal wastage as possible
- ·Ensuring hotel standards and Health and Safety regulations are adhered to.
- Experience in a busy 4 / 5 star hotel.
- The successful Sous Chef will be highly motivated and will possess a good knowledge of food and food hygiene.
- Proven experience in a similar role is essential.
- You will also possess an NVQ level 2 in Food Processing & Cooking (or equivalent).
- Good communication skills and a passion for delivering exceptional levels of guest service are essential.
- Passionate about the industry and poses an ability to work on own initiative
- 48 Hour Contract
- Straight Shifts
- Competitive Salary
- Meals On Duty
- Free Car parking
- 28 Days Holiday
- Team, Friends and Family discount on rooms B&B + leisure
- Up to 40% Discount on Food and Beverage outlets
- Discounted Gym Membership for you and your partner
- Plus Many Many More
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75223167