Senior Environmental Consultant
Job Title: Senior Environmental Consultant
Salary: £30K - £35K
About the Role:
We currently have a fantastic opportunity and looking for an experienced Senior Environmental Consultant to join our team based in Worcestershire. As a Senior Environmental Consultant, you will be in a key position in the company and you will be expected to work closely with the existing Directors on projects in the role of both project director and project manager. You would be expected to be involved in all aspects of project work including the provision of technical advice and support to oil spill response and remediation contractors, design and supervision of Phase I and Phase II investigations and reporting including drafting of remediation strategies.
Your time is likely to be split between office and site work throughout the UK and flexibility to travel and work away from home is important.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
1. Management of contaminated land projects including brownfield development and pollution response and remediation;
2. Preparation of proposals and tenders;
3. Health and safety planning including preparation of risk assessments, method statements, construction phase plans, COSHH assessments etc.;
4. Field work including supervision and direction of investigation, remediation and validation works;
5. Sampling of soils, waters and airs and scheduling of appropriate laboratory analysis and interpretation of analytical results;
6. Financial management including preparation of cost estimates, cost control and invoicing;
7. Factual and interpretative reporting including quantitative assessment of risks to human health and controlled waters, remedial options appraisals and remedial strategies;
8. Client and customer management including maintaining effective communication and always ensuring that any issues or concerns are dealt with promptly and effectively;
9. Contractor management including preparation of specifications, procurement and appraisal;
10. Working in accordance with the company Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental (QHSE) policies and procedures.
11. Mentor junior staff
What do you do now?
If you wish to discuss this vacancy further, please contact David So on or send your CV to: - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn.