£45-53k + Car & Package
Major Tier 1 Contractor
Our Client, an East Midlands based Major Tier 1 contractor is currently looking to bolster their Design team with the addition of a design co-ordinator. The opportunity falls on the residential side of the business who are responsible for delivering extra-care facilities and retirement villages across the country. The residential arm of the business contributes circa £100m to the group turnover and have developed long-lasting relationships with large development firms, meaning they have now secured work for the next 2/3 years. The size of the firm allows them to take on projects up to the value of £40m, meaning they have been responsible for delivering some of the Countries' most prestigious developments in recent times.
The successful candidate will be able to work as part of a team with the objective of utilising construction knowledge and experience to complete due diligence checks, developing innovative and cost effective design solutions in conjunction with the design team, applying value engineering principles to ensure best value for all parties, and ensure an effective construction phase by applying an understanding of site management practices, risks, costs and co-ordination. The role reports directly into regional head of design and as such offers some difficult challenges and great rewards. Preferably, the ideal candidate will have a pre-construction bias and will feel confident supervising bid management, from first enquiry through to contract awarded. Typical Responsibilities include…
- Supervise Bid Management, from first enquiry through to contract awarded
- Manage the Design Team throughout the tender process
- Analyse Tender Documentation to identify risk, opportunity, insufficient information & incorrect design
- Develop innovative design solutions to client briefs with input from the professional team and sub-contractors
- Review the design on an on-going basis, identify potential interface problems in Construction and resolve within the Design Team.
If the above role is of interest to yourself, please get in contact using the details provided below.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75202212