Graduate Sales / Account Manager
Permanent Role - Based in the Dudley Area (Outskirts of Birmingham Central to City Centre)
Graduate Sales and Account Management
Salary - £18,000 - £25,000 - Salary Negotiable on level of experience + Annual Profit share bonuses excellent working environment and incentives. Full long term training provided.
Monday - Friday 08:30am - 5:00pm
Are you a recent ambitious graduate looking to excel your career in a sales position which will offer long term progression and security? Or are you currently working in sales looking to move to a vibrant sector where the career progression is all in your hands! If so I want hear from you. I am looking for motivated individuals to join my client’s dynamic and entirely energetic team. This business is the Uk’s leading stock holder within the metals industry, they have over 18 branches over across the UK and our consistently expanding.
Duties will be:
- Obtaining (prompting) enquiries from existing and potential customers.
- Regularly review allocated accounts with External Account Manager or Sales Manager identifying the future tactics to secure or develop the business.
- Negotiate payment terms with existing and potential customers to try to improve the return on investment.
- Use the pool of non-allocated customers to win and develop business and eventually turn them into regular allocated customers.
- Identify available split by product for each allocated account.
- Review results monthly, identifying tactics to develop the full potential.
- Regularly discuss and review with customers any contract call off orders rescheduling with suppliers where necessary.
- Regularly review the customer credit limit to ensure that the stock level and incoming stock are taken into account.
- Quoting customers for their requirements promptly and within the timescales agreed either converting immediately into an order or recording clearly for future reference.
- Sourcing material to satisfy orders or enquires within the timescales agreed.
- Following up previous quotations in an organised manner converting into order or establishing and recording the reasons why lost.
- Ensure purchase orders are progressed with suppliers to ensure customer’s orders are delivered on time.
- Entering customer’s orders into the computer system promptly and accurately.
- Place purchase orders, negotiating professionally.
- Enter purchase order details promptly and accurately into the computer system to ensure the customer’s requirements and delivery schedules are met.
- Resolve all customer complaints promptly (or refer immediately to line management) raising necessary paperwork without delay.
- Update and maintain customer records for all potential and existing customers.
Skills and Attributes:
- Passion for working in sales, or looking to excel a career in sales
- Energetic , driven and always looking to succeed
- Forward thinking and the ability to pick up new skills quickly
- Methodical and computer literate
- Strong communication skills
- Confident in working over the telephone
- Negotiation skills is key