Supply Chain Specialist
Grafton Banks Finance is currently looking for a Supply Chain Specialist to work for a reputable Engineering organisation, with offices in Leamington Spa. Working within the Procurement team and Performance Products division, the main purpose of the role will be to support and drive improvement in both current production and NPI activity.
Some of the Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the SCM team in cradle to grave project support from supplier identification, contracting strategy and programme transition from concept through to production supply.
- Meeting with Clients, internal and external, to discuss/define requirements and coordinate supply chain activities between suppliers, clients and Engineering/project teams.
- Maintain and promote relationships with clients and suppliers
- Procurement of project goods including bespoke parts/tooling manufactured from drawing, along with design/development, and other technical services.
- Competitive bidding (RFQ), negotiating prices / added value and reporting cost-reduction achievements
- Liaising with suppliers and Engineering teams on design feasibility issues, expediting orders and agreeing concessions or return rejects
- Control spend against budget and forecasting to completion of project
- Identification & evaluation of potential supply partners (working closely with SQA).
- Negotiation, contracting, and risk evaluation of/with UK and international suppliers.
- Strong data management skills and IT literacy. Experience with SAP & Baan Purchasing an advantage
- Ability to work in a cross functional team including, but not limited to, Procurement/NPI/Engineering/Logistics and manufacturing.
- Attention to detail, accurate, numerically astute
- Strong negotiation skills with an ability to close the deal in short time frames. Strong customer focus with a flexible approach to succeed in a fast-moving environment.
- Knowledge of BoM’s, PO Processes, familiarity with technical drawings, resourceful and process good interpersonal skills
- A working knowledge of contract law
- Ability to communicate well with the team, internal customers and external suppliers.
- Membership of Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) is desirable.
- Experience working in an Engineering or manufacturing environment essential
For your experience and knowledge of the above, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and future career opportunities within an exciting organisation.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75250279