Business Intelligence Systems Analyst
Business Intelligence Systems Analyst – Liverpool – Permanent
Yodel are embarking on a programme to replace current core IT applications and legacy reporting tools with a new purpose built solution The programme of work has commenced and will run through a number of phased deliverables. As Business Intelligence Systems Analyst you will be involved in the delivery of the new Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse platform and the integration with Yodel’s current legacy applications, both internal and 3rd Party. You will be expected to work closely with teams within the IT function and across the business to ensure system capability and requirements meet expectations.
As part of the core programme, the Business Intelligence Systems Analyst will be key to helping transition the business requirements into a technical delivery, interpreting the solution and ensuring best practice is followed during the development lifecycle.
Business Intelligence Systems Analyst role and responsibilities:
• Analyse business requirements to define technical requirements.
• Database Design and Data Modelling.
• Dashboard or Report Design
• Work in both an agile and waterfall manner as required by the project.
• Work with 3rd Party and internal development teams, to ensure requirements and design are realised consistently and accurately.
• Produce high level systems design with a cross reference to business requirements to enable accurate estimates of scope of work required within a systems area for a given project.
• Provide detailed impact assessment breakdowns. Be able to set realistic expectations for magnitude of changes.
• Provide architectural input for all project work and ensure that Yodels IT strategy is maintained.
• Produce detailed technical specifications that are used to fully understand the functional changes being made.
• Support development and test work throughout the project life cycle.
Business Intelligence skills and experience:
• Knowledge and experience of major databases or big data platforms (Teradata, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, Pivotal Greenplum, Hadoop)
• Experience of BI Tools (e.g. OBIEE, Microstrategy, Business Objects, Cognos, Tableau)
• Ability to liaise effectively with business analysts, business users and other IT teams.
• Ability to produce high level documentation to support analysis
• Ability to produce detailed systems analysis documentation to define systems changes required.
• Good communication skills – written and verbal.