Application Support Analyst / ICT Application Support Officer
Job Title: ICT Application Support Officer
Location: Bromsgrove and Redditch
Salary: £26,822 - £31,601
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Are you a focused and dynamic ICT Application Support Officer who thrives on change? Are you committed to the delivery of customer focused service improvement? If so, this is an exciting and challenging time for you to join them where you will have the opportunity to impact change and bring about improvements.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Business Transformation Department for a dynamic and resourceful ICT Application Support Officer to support the delivery of ICT Services at both of the Councils based in Bromsgrove and Redditch.
Working across both Councils you will be expected to ensure that the Business Applications, supported by ICT, are available to the departments and working correctly enabling council services to be delivered successfully. Should the Business Application fail at any time you will work to resolve the problem as soon as possible and action any options available through external support contracts.
The officer requires a detailed understanding of the services areas and actively builds a professional relationship with customers understanding and delivering the proactive help they need to enable them to improve service delivery.
As many of the business applications exchange information, an understanding of how this is achieved and an ability to develop and support these processes is vital.
The shared ICT team at the joined Councils is currently involved in the implementation and support of a number of exciting projects using leading edge technologies.
A proven ability to plan, organise and manage priorities is essential along with excellent analytical skills and the ability to present complex information to a wide range of audiences both verbally and in writing.
- Detailed knowledge of business applications used within Local Government.
- Working Knowledge of report writing tools.
- Basic knowledge of SQL.
- Detailed knowledge of legislation and regulations with regards Business areas such as Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefits, Non-Domestic Rating, Payroll, and Finance.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience at a senior level delivering system administration support to major business applications.
- Experience in reconciling and controlling the output from systems, identifying errors and resolving faults.
- Proven ability in assisting with technical projects to agreed standards and within timescale and budget
- Experience in liaising with software suppliers to inform, progress and escalate if necessary, system problems.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft Windows server technologies and applications.
- Demonstrable experience in contributing to and maintaining a high quality ICT support service.
- Evidence of current technical competencies and specializations within the ICT industry.
- Evidence of success in building and developing partnerships and working effectively in co-operation with a wide range of customers.
- Experience of working in an enabling way to support customers to develop their service.
- Able to demonstrate evidence of excellence in their previous experience.
- Evidence of providing a service focused on what matters to customers.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Implementation Manager, IT Integration Manager, 2nd Line Support Engineer, IT Migration Project Manager, ICT Project Manager, Application Implementation Manager, SQL Application Support, IT Change Manager, Managed Services Consultant, Application Management, Application Systems Analyst, Systems Administrator, 1st Line Support, Change Management Engineer, Application Support Specialist may also be considered for this role.