PLC Maintenance Technician
£45,000 to £48,000
Shifts – 7am to 7pm and 7pm to 7am – Days and Nights 3’s and 2’s.
ATA are working in partnership with a global automated distribution company. We have a number of opportunities for a Maintenance Engineers to work with one of world’s largest manufacturer of automated material handling systems in the world.
The company turns over more than £1 billion in the UK alone and employee over 10,000 employees. The company deliver an excellent 99.2% on customer orders with over 180,000 orders per week. This is done through state of the art machines including cranes, conveyor systems, shuttle systems and robots. Their site in Tamworth is one of the largest automated distribution centres in Europe with a maintenance team of over 80 engineers.
This company are a true leader in their field, offering excellent employee benefits, fantastic training and a great team to work with. I’m looking for a team player who enjoys the culture of being in a large maintenance team and someone who wants to being positive energy to the table.
If you are an electrical qualified multi-skilled maintenance engineer with experience working in any type of production, manufacturing or warehousing/logistics background then.
If you are a Multi skilled maintenance engineer with a high level of Siemens S7 PLC fault finding skill and are looking to join an ever expanding business that can offer exceptional working conditions then apply now for immediate consideration.
The Role: -
As a PLC Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for: -
- To work on and maintain various conveyor systems, sortation machines and packaging lines, all of which are PLC driven and fully automated.
- Performing reactive maintenance on fully automated machines to help maintain the high volume of orders. This may include striping down to component level and swapping parts like for like.
- Preventative Maintenance ensuring all machines are running as efficiently and effectively as possible, including general checks, lubrication, striping and rebuilding faulty components.
- Following up on any continued break downs or issues which keep arising.
- To make sure all company procedures are adhered to through a high level of quality work.
- 50% of your role will involve PLC fault finding on Siemens S7 software.
- This will involve PLC interrogation using a laptop (hook and look)
- You will also be responsible for small modifications on Siemens S7.
The Candidate: -
To be successful as a PLC Maintenance Technician it is essential you come from the following background:
- You would have worked in an automated machinery environment. This could be logistics, automotive, food, FMCG, pharmaceuticals or any type of production or manufacturing environment.
- To be able to work on both electrical and mechanical components.
- Previous experience in fault finding using a laptop on Siemens S7 system.
- Previous experience modifying Siemens S7 code
As a PLC Maintenance Technician you will benefit from:-
- A fantastic pension scheme.
- Immense security with a market leader in their field.
- up to £48,000 Salary.
- Continued development through ongoing training both internally and externally
- Opportunity to develop in to management positions.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75187845