Team Leader - Redditch
We are currently recruiting for experienced team leaders to join very well established client in Redditch.
Your duties will include, but won't be limited to :
- Lead, develop and motivate direct reports so that they deliver or exceed objectives and KPIs, including accuracy targets and future potential is identified and developed in line with business needs.
- On a daily, weekly and periodic basis collate, monitor and analyse KPI and operational data, and make operational adjustments accordingly, in order to achieve overall performance targets and identify improvement opportunities.
- Organise resource (e.g. rotas and holidays), delegate tasks and deal with day to day resource issues as necessary (sickness, disciplinary, recruitment etc) to ensure adequate resourcing and performance levels are maintained so the site runs smoothly and service requirements are met.
- Work collaboratively with all internal and external stakeholders in order to gather feedback and key information to understand warehouse in its entirety and enhance operational performance and proactively identify and mitigate any current or future potential issues.
- Ensure compliance against company, legal and Health and Safety procedures/checks and act on issues as necessary in order to ensure that any issues are identified, rectified and reported and a safe and legally compliant environment is operated at all times.
- Deputise for the manager in his/ her absence, taking accountability for their responsibilities during that time, so the department continues to provide the site with a smooth and efficient distribution service for its customers.
The ideal candidate will have following skills :
- Similar role experience gained within a fast paced Distribution Centre environment
- Proven track record of managing a team of between 10 - 30 colleagues
- Computer literacy with experience of using warehouse systems
- Be numerate and literate
- A keen team player who is passionate about both people and work based performance
- People management experience - understands importance of inspiring, valuing, training and developing a team to grow capability and achieve results
- Performance management experience; KPIs, return to work interviews, conducting development/performance reviews
- Can communicate confidently and effectively across all levels within the organisation
- Knowledge of relevant legislation - possessing a Health and Safety qualification/certificate
- Be flexible to work varied shift patterns
Pay : 22000 per annum.
To be considered for this position, please apply on line or alternatively call the office