Service Technician / Support Engineer x 6
Service Technician / Support Engineers x 6
Based: Lode Lane, Solihull
Salary £18-25K (depending on experience) + shift allowance + regular overtime + benefits.
Our Client is a market leader in supplying, installing and servicing bespoke production tooling to a number of Tier 1 automotive manufacturers throughout the UK. They work in partnership with their customers to achieve long term solutions and can provide everything from initial tooling installation to full process control. They are also an authorised distributor of hand-held tooling for top brands such as Makita, Bosch and Desoutter.
Due to increased workload, our Client is now seeking to recruit a number of Service Technician / Support Engineers to assist them in servicing, repairing and calibrating all DC and Battery Tooling on Client site, for a start in late August / early September.
Responsibilities will include the planning, co-ordination and execution of all tooling repairs, service, calibration and HAVs testing for the population of:
o Clutch controlled battery tools
o Sophisticated DC nutrunners and controllers
o Sophisticated battery wi-fi tooling and controllers.
Suitable applicants should possess:
• A track record of mechanical and electrical engineering
• Electrical and mechanical engineering qualifications, or a maintenance background would be an advantage
• Experience of project based activities, automotive assembly and service background would be advantageous
• Good awareness / understanding of some or all of the following: power tooling, PLCs, mechanical drawings and TPM processes
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• Target driven - able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Well presented, with good customer facing skills and projecting a professional image.
In these roles you will work on a 3 shift system Monday to Friday, alternating between 6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm and 10pm - 6am (40 hours per week), so a flexible approach to working hours is essential. An enhancement for night shift is applicable, and regular overtime is also available during the week and at weekends, for which enhanced pay is also available.
To apply, or for further information, please email your CV using the link provided. Candidates who meet the above criteria will be contacted for further discussion and local interview.