HR Business Partners
Shropshire Council have exciting opportunities for two HR Business Partners to join their growing team based in Shrewsbury.
Job Title: HR Business Partners
Location: Shrewsbury, SY2 6ND
Job Type: 12 months fixed term - 37 hours and 18.5 hours per week
Salary: £33,531 - £37,061 per annum/pro rata
Shropshire Council is embarking on a major Council wide transformation programme to move to a Digital by Default Commissioning Council. The transformation programme is aimed at ‘Creating a better future’, which puts improving the quality of life of all local people at the heart of everything we do. A significant project within this programme is the ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) project which will look to replace the existing systems for Finance, Procurement, HR & Payroll within our Resources and Support services.
As a member of the HR Advice & Projects Team within HR you will support the delivery of the transformation programme in line with the Council’s vision, values and strategic objectives.
HR Business Partners - Key Responsibilities:
- Acts as Senior HR Professional within the HR Team.
- Provides a comprehensive Strategic HR Business Partner service to a range of customers including: Directors, Head of Service and Service Managers across the Council or Head teachers and School Governors. Town and Parish Councils.
- Maintain effective and productive working relationships with colleagues, managers, staff, and other customers as appropriate.
- Conversant with current legislation and thinking locally and nationally in relation to employee and employment matters generally.
- Responsible to the Senior HR Business Partner who is in turn responsible for the post holder’s health and safety, training and development.
- Working within HR to achieve objectives outlined in the HR Plan.
- A member of the Business Partner team developing HR policy and practice. Deliver accountabilities specified in the HR Plan by bespoke creative solutions and challenging managers as appropropriate.
- Expected to contribute to a range of projects and build relations with both internal and external customers in order to achieve specified outcomes, but will not have direct authority over those involved, although may direct HROs/HRSOs where required.
As HR Business Partners, you will ideally have experience with demonstrable experience of working in a local authority setting, with either schools or corporate services experience. Your main focus once on board for the HRBP & HRO’s will be to lead and implement HR projects and initiatives, and support the wide customer base of the HR&D team.
HR Business Partners – Benefits:
- Competitive basic salary
- Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Annual leave entitlement is pro rata for 25 days per year plus additional days for long service. Bank holidays also apply
As part of the council’s pre-employment checks you will be required to complete the following:
- Satisfactory employment references
- DBS check
- Medical report
- Evidence of the qualifications required for the post/listed on your application form
Please note – we do NOT accept CV’s. To continue your application for HR Business Partners please click ‘Apply’ now.
Keywords: HR Manager, HR Consultant, Senior HR Advisor, HR Project Manager, Human Resources Business Partner, HR Director.