Head of Retail Operations - International
Base: Midlands with European travel
Salary: Basic Salary £100,000 per annum + benefits
Our client is an international retailer that own a number of successful major retail brands who have an exciting new opening for a strong Head of Operations to join them on their upward journey for huge expansion in new and existing territories across Western Europe.
The successful role holder must be fully mobile, as the successful and effective performance of the role requires frequent European travel.
This is a great opportunity to work for an established business which has ambitious plans for the future, where you will be able to make a major contribution.
This company have been hugely successful in acquiring new businesses and adding to their impressive portfolio of successful brands and retail stores. As Head of Operations, you will be accountable for bringing these new and existing international businesses together in unison, introducing improved business process and discipline to operate in the same way, creating a strong internal DNA to be implemented across the group.
- Responsible for in-county operational execution and customer experience, through dotted line management of market Operations Managers
- Manages equipment, space, and promotional execution through interaction and liaison with Buying, VM, Logistics, and other relevant teams
- Is the voice of the International Business from an operational perspective
- Responsible for liaising with the Head Office teams to drive a culture of ‘adopt’ not ‘adapt’
- Directs the operational execution of new store openings, leading in-market New Store Opening teams to ensure ‘right first time’ execution of new stores
- Rapidly deals with, and appropriately escalates, any barriers to effective trading
- Achieves a ‘one system’ method of operating the brand, ensuring that all country operations are traded and managed in a consistent way
- Complete regular market visits and demonstrate understanding of local issues, whilst identifying synergies that allow us to procure
- Maintain full and working knowledge of the product, supply chain, competitor and market to maximise the performance of this category.
Skills and experience required
- A leader of internal process and discipline within an international multi-site operation
- A chained retail / superstore / supermarket background
- Project management experience
- The ability to provide clarity on strategy and key objectives to be achieved
- Proven experience in change management to align multiple businesses to operate in the same effective way
- Very adaptable with a background of many functional roles within systems management, IT, labour, logistics, marketing, P&L management, merchandising and senior stakeholder collaboration.
If you feel you have what it takes to join this progressive retail giant as the new Head of Operations, please get in touch.
A detailed covering letter is an essential requirement as part of your application for this integral role.
hr inspire Ltd is an equal opportunities business consultancy and employment agency that is serious about its compliance with legislation. hr inspire Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role.
Please note: By submitting your details in relation to this role you are giving us permission to submit your application to the employer.
Operations, Manager, Project Manager, Director, systems management, IT, labour, logistics, merchandising, Retail, FMCG, supermarket,