A client of ours is looking for an Operations Assistant to join their busy team in Dudley.
Operations Assistant Specification
We have an exciting opportunity for an Operations Assistant to join our team.
The Operations Assistant will undertake a variety of tasks to assist the Purchasing Manager in purchasing materials to meet the company’s exact business requirements and production schedules, some of the responsibilities of the role include:
• Process day to day purchase orders
• Liaise with Suppliers when necessary
• Invoice reconciliation with accounts
• Report any late deliveries to the Purchasing Supervisor daily and assist in the resultant corrective measures
• Ordering company consumables (not centralised at the moment)
o a. Stores packaging
o b. Machine shop consumables drills etc
o c. Production Tooling
o d. Health and safety
• Training Certificates for our Technical Service
• Other roles as and when required.
• Relevant MS Excel & MS Word experience with the ability to learn other packages
• Must be able to demonstrate a practical understanding of problem solving
• Must be able to communicate effectively and build partnerships with all levels of internal and external personnel verbally and in writing
• Supplier visits maybe required
• 2+ years’ experience in a purchasing role
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• General understanding of MRP software
£15000 - £22000 per annum
Red Recruitment Consultants are advertising this job on behalf of our client as an employment business. We are a recruitment agency based in Lichfield, and offer work throughout Staffordshire and the West Midlands including Lichfield, Burntwood, Tamworth, Walsall, Aldridge, Burton on Trent, Cannock, Brownhills, Sutton Coldfield, Nuneaton, Atherstone Birmingham and Stoke on Trent.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75177650