Shropshire Council have exciting opportunities for two Payroll Administrators to join their growing team based in Shrewsbury.
Job Title: Payroll Administrators
Location: Shrewsbury, SY2 6ND
Salary: £17,095 - £19,051 per annum
Job Type: Full Time - 37 hours
Shropshire Council is embarking on a major Council wide transformation programme to move to a Digital by Default Commissioning Council. The transformation programme is aimed at 'Creating a better future’, which puts improving the quality of life of all local people at the heart of everything we do. A significant project within this programme is the ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) project which will look to replace the existing systems for Finance, Procurement, HR & Payroll within our Resources and Support services.
As a member of the Employment Services within Human Resources & Development, you will support the delivery of the transformation programme in line with the Council’s vision, values and strategic objectives.
Payroll Administrators - Key Responsibilities:
- The main duties will be the processing of pay notifications by inputting to the Council’s on-line Payroll and HR system (Resourcelink) accurately whilst achieving payroll deadlines
- You will ensure that statutory requirements / conditions of service and procedures are applied correctly and consistently
- Responsible to Lead Officer - Payroll Control & Reconciliation who is in turn responsible for the post holder’s health and safety, training and development
- The post holder can be working on a diverse range of tasks and therefore it is essential to prioritise their own workload. The nature of the job involves the requirement to meet very tight timescales
- Issues of a more complex nature would be referred to the Lead Officer - PC&R
- The post-holder is expected to provide feedback to the Lead Officer - PC&R in relation to workload issues that may result in disruption to the timetabled payroll cycle
As Payroll Administrators, you will ideally with demonstrable experience of working in a local authority setting, with either schools or corporate services experience. Your main focus once on board for the HRBP & HRO’s will be to lead and implement HR projects and initiatives, and support the wide customer base of the HR&D team. The Payroll Administrators will assist with the smooth running of our payroll service to a number of internal and external customers.
Payroll Administrators - Benefits:
- Competitive basic salary
- Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Annual leave entitlement is pro rata for 25 days per year plus additional days for long service. Bank holidays also apply
As part of the council’s pre-employment checks you will be required to complete the following:
- Satisfactory employment references
- DBS check
- Medical report
- Evidence of the qualifications required for the post/listed on your application form
Please note - we do NOT accept CV’s. To continue your application for Payroll Administrators please click 'Apply’ now.
Keywords: Payroll Assistant, Payroll Officer, Payroll Clerk, Accounts Administrator, Payroll Specialist.