Communications Account Manager
West Midlands Police are looking to recruit a communications account manager to cover maternity leave and join our friendly, welcoming and award-winning Corporate Communications team to support corporate internal, external and campaign activity across the organisation.
You will have excellent verbal, written and communication skills and experience of producing and implementing communication plans across a wide range of platforms.
Your role will including working creatively and innovatively to seek out new opportunities and channels to maximise internal and external engagement opportunities.
Corporate Communications shall build upon our reputation for speedy, accurate and well-produced information to continually engage with the public, our partners and our staff supporting the force's vision of preventing crime, protecting the public and helping those in need.
Account Managers work with the Head of Digital and Engagement to support corporate external, internal and campaign activity across the force.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To work on the development and implementation of effective corporate, internal communications and campaigns activities in support of the force's strategic objectives.
- To lead and inspire a diverse team which includes communication officers, graphic designers, a photographer, a multi-media designer and a website front end developer.
- To develop, distribute and evaluate proactive internal and external campaigns, projects and initiatives.
- To represent the department and the force at a wide range of meetings, including external stakeholders, where you will be expected to use your own initiative and make complex decisions.
- To plan, research, write and promote a range of internal and external communications.
- To work creatively and innovatively to seek out new opportunities and channels to maximise the force's internal and external engagement opportunities.
- To assist in the preparation and dissemination of e-bulletins, information reports, updates and other marketing and communication material.
- To assist in the development of new approaches and policies relating to communication and engagement.
- To assist in the production and development of the force's internal and external communication tools including the staff on-line newspaper, the internet and the intranet.
- To assist in the management of devolved budgets.
- To promote the force's vision and values and preserve and enhance the reputation of West Midlands Police.
- To organise meetings and events and attend when required, providing support where necessary working independently to offer professional advice and guidance.
- To represent the Corporate Communications Department on working parties, meetings, ad hoc projects and other forums as required.
- A professional communications qualification or extensive previous experience of working in a busy communications/marketing environment.
- Experience of managing staff and being accountable for their performance
- Proven writing and communications skills
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- A good understanding and knowledge of media related law
- Ability to use your own initiative as well as being able to work as part of a team.
- Proven ICT skills
- Proven organisational and planning skills
- Recognised journalist or PR qualification
- An understanding of working in a policing environment
This role wont be around for long so don't delay apply now!
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Why not listen to some of the inspiring stories from our candidates and their one piece of career advice. It's just a few of the thousands of people who have found success in their working lives with Randstad. Visit www.randstad.co.uk/how-i-became to find out what you could become.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75129189