Data Analyst / Business Analyst / Information Analyst
Job Title: Industry Data Analyst
Salary: £20-£25k pa depending on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The company was formed in February 2011 by a management team with over 20 years' experience in the energy services sector.
Purpose of the Role/Role Overview:
To support the Meter Asset Management department in ensuring data quality across the their business. Ensuring the timely and efficient delivery of data is passed through their systems. In particular ensuring industry data flows are exchanged in-line with BSCP and commercial service levels.
To understand and analyse industry data issues and communicate to key stakeholders in the business.
General Duties/Key Responsibilities:
- Investigating and Resolving data exceptions in MATs user intervention queues
- Investigating and Resolving data exceptions falling out of the interface between work management systems and data flow management capabilities
- Production of MAM/MOA billing files
- Bill Validation were required
- Ad hoc report production, manipulating data in Excel formats
- Ad hoc investigation into data integrity issues.
- Reviewing and auctioning industry data queries
- Analyse industry data and interpret unusual patterns and possible causes
*E = essential criteria
*D = desirable criteria
- Working knowledge of energy industry operations, settlements and handling of data flows (D)
- Strong technical/IT ability, in particular - Intermediate/Advanced Excel skills. (E)
- Confident in the use of MS Access (D)
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical ability (E)
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to be proactive (E)
- Good communication skills; able to communicate technical arguments to non-technical audiences(E)
- Excellent numeracy skills with particular attention to speed, accuracy and attention to detail (E)
- Excellent communication skills, telephone and written (E)
- Previous commercial experience, preferably within the Gas and Electricity Industry (D)
- Energy Industry knowledge of UK domestic energy and metering markets (D)
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Team Analyst, Energy Analyst, Energy Consulting Analyst, Business Performance Analyst, Business Analyst, Finance Analyst, Risk Analyst, Systems Analyst, Solutions Designer, Business Systems Analyst, Product Manager, Business Process Analyst, Product Owner, Requirements Analyst, Business Solutions Analyst, Functional Consultant, Product Analyst, Management Consultant may also be considered for this position.