Deputy Home Manager (RGN)
40 hours per week - £17.50 per hour (c£36,000 per annum)
Our Albion Court Care Home located in Winson Green, Birmingham, is currently seeking an experienced, motivated and dedicated Registered Nurse to join us as Deputy Care Home Manager. Albion Court delivers compassionate residential, dementia, nursing and respite care in a high-quality and rewarding environment.
As Deputy Care Home Manager you will provide proactive support to the Home Manager across all aspects of Home Management, providing a safe, caring, stimulating and homely environment for residents and their visitors.
For this position, it is essential that hold a current NMC pin, alongside demonstrative experience of leading and managing teams within care homes.
The key responsibilities of our Deputy Care Home Manager include:
- Be responsible for monitoring standards of care delivered by qualified and unqualified care staff by observation and direct involvement, ensuring that all residents receive quality person centred care and that care plans are fully maintained.
- Support the Manager in the implementation of all policies, procedures and business objectives.
- Preparing the staff duty rota to ensure appropriate staffing levels at all times.
- Instructing staff in safe systems of work, fire safety and evacuation procedures, and induction of new staff.
- Be responsible for monitoring the state of well-being of each resident, being aware of any change impacting on care and care plans, updating to reflect new needs.
- Act as a focal point for contact with residents, their relatives and visitors, as well as health and social care professionals involved in their well-being, acting upon requests and ensuring concerns or complaints are dealt with appropriately.
- Liaise with the Home Manager across the range of operational activity to be able to assume responsibility for managing the Home during the manager's scheduled and unscheduled absences, including marketing of the Home to existing and potential residents and relatives.
When joining Avery Healthcare, we will offer you:
- 5.6 weeks annual holiday per annum.
- Career development pathways and formal training opportunities
- Free uniform.
Avery Healthcare is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults. This post will require an Enhanced DBS Disclosure the cost of which is met by Avery Healthcare. Proof of eligibility to work in the UK is essential.
Avery Healthcare is an award winning national care home provider, committed to delivering the highest standards of person centred care.We are always seeking high-quality people to join our enthusiastic and dedicated teams across the UK.The design of our homes and our carefully selected staff, when combined with our diligent approach to care, enables us to provide our residents with an enriching life and the opportunity to flourish.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75176024