My client is urgently seeking an experienced Transport administrator/planner/scheduler for their busy Droitwich head office. The successful candidate will have experience in a similar role.
- Coordinate all aspects of the Logistics, Import and Export shipping operation to ensure timely and accurate dispatch of customer orders.
- Be responsible for all carrier bookings and communication and the preparation of all necessary export documentation ensuring compliance with local and overseas regulations, including interface with the Chamber of Commerce and associated bodies.
- Proactively resolve any issues that might delay delivery and in conjunction with Customer Service ensure all customer shipping requirements are validated.
- Issue management reports as required.
- Manage file maintenance and storage in accordance with regulations to ensure compliant audits.
- Facilitate reporting, analysis and communication with the global Logistics team and participate in improvement / development projects.
- Active involvement in the procurement elements of the function including preparation, analysis, negotiation and selection of suppliers / providers. Co-ordinate imports and associated documentation accuracy ensuring correct tariff commodity codes to ensure accurate compliance.
Skills and experience:
- Must be able to work independently, take initiative, be comfortable in a hands-on role, and be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Possess strong organisational skills with the ability to plan and prioritise workload while dealing with multiple tasks efficiently and with limited supervision. Must understand the critical importance of accuracy when completing documentation.
- Be conscientious with relentless attention to detail. Able to challenge current state, and participate in transition plan to future improved state.
- Able to build constructive and effective relationships and relate well to all kinds of people. Can negotiate and influence, where necessary, particularly with people outside their own area.
- Understands legal and regulatory requirements for importing / exporting of goods for the UK. Experience of working in a customer service environment would be beneficial although not essential
- Possess clear and concise communication skills, both written and verbal, together with a high degree of accuracy and numeracy. Have an excellent inter-personal manner.
- Experience of export documentation, including Certificates of Origin, ATR1, EUR1, Bills of Lading, Airwaybills, etc and HMRC requirements and a working knowledge of the UK Customs tariff (preferred). Candidates currently without these qualification and experiences but with ability to achieve them via training will be considered.
- Previous knowledge of SAP (preferred)
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload while dealing with multiple tasks efficiently (required)
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Why not listen to some of the inspiring stories from our candidates and their one piece of career advice. It's just a few of the thousands of people who have found success in their working lives with Randstad. Visit to find out what you could become.