Manufacturing, Planning and Logistics Manager
SF Group are recruiting for a Manufacturing, Planning and Logistics Manager for our client based in the Coventry area.
The MP&L Manager is responsible for developing the master production plan to satisfy customer demand while carrying minimum effective inventory.
The qualified individual will be responsible for providing the plant with a monthly production plan consistent with the plant capacity and sales forecast. The planner is responsible for determining the desired inventory levels for finished goods down to the pack size including safety stock levels. The sales forecasts, new business opportunities, customer expectations, and internal supply constraints will be used to develop production plans, by month, for a rolling three-month period. Strong collaboration with the Business Managers, Operations, Sales, Customer Service and Management will be critical to meeting business goals.
The purpose of the role is to:
- Create a rolling 3-month Master Production Plan for designated products. Utilize the production capacity, taking into consideration the sales forecast, historical sales, and new business opportunities
- Analyse and identify risks associated with the options built into the Master Production Plan, including manufacturing lead times
- Schedules emailed to the plants monthly
- Perform supply demand analysis each quarter, highlighting areas of concern for the next 12 months
- Make delivery commitments on products, which involve checking uncommitted material and availability of capacity
- Develop inventory targets and manage production to achieve targeted inventory levels on both a cost and unit basis
- Maintain finished goods inventory at target levels in ensure high service levels, i.e. product availability
- Project finished goods inventory levels on a quarterly basis. Achieve desired corporate inventory turn targets
- Insure coordination with plant schedulers to execute Production Plan on a weekly and monthly basis
- Monitor actual output versus the Master Production Plan. Identify gaps and drive solutions, including a metric on production performance to the requested production schedule
- Review sales forecast with business manager on a monthly basis, and suggest modifications consistent with knowledge of current or historical demand
- Timely reporting of key metrics
- Support the S&OP process meetings to review service levels, performance against schedule, inventory strategy, supply plan to meet demand, and resource implications. Update Master Production Plan as necessary
The role will pay an annual salary of £60,000 - £70,000 + car + bonus + pension + healthcare. If you are interested in the role please apply ASAP or send your CV to
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75164020