Haig&Co have been appointed to find the next Finance Director for this genuinely unique IP based business, located in the West Midlands, working in one of the most exciting manufacturing and development sectors.
A Private Equity backed business that is one of the world’s leaders in the international technology and entertainment sector. Working the full life-cycle of projects, from concept through to development, of the most cutting-edge products, this company is set to be at the forefront of their sector.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director and PE house, this is a significantly commercial-focused role working as part of a dynamic and ambitious team. Responsible for two direct reports, this position would also require adding value in terms of contract negotiations and multi-stage project accounting.
- Manage all aspects of Finance, including development of the entire Finance team
- Articulate clear financial policies, objectives and strategies to the Board, the Management Team and Finance Department
- Support Management Team on negotiating and managing long-term/multi-stage projects
- Monitor and report on financial performance including project profitability
- Manage the 3-Year Business Planning Process
- Diligent management of company cash flow
- Establish and maintain good relationships with external finance providers and company advisors
- Promote best practice throughout the Finance department and entire business
- Promote Good Corporate Governance
- Other ad hoc duties
The perfect candidate would have both a strong commercial and technical ability, with the experience to match, along with:
- Fully-qualified Accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) with a minimum of 5-years’PQE
- Strong industrial experience in Capital Goods (long-term/multi-stage) project manufacturing and accounting
- Experience of working with, interpreting and drafting Commercial Contracts
- Proven background of working in a growth-orientated SME environment
- A very "hands-on" approach with an optimistic outset and attitude
- A talent at developing lasting relationships, both internally and externally, and comfortable with working with all areas of the business
- Ability to explain and provide information for "non-finance" professionals
- PE Investor experience is a distinct advantage
On offer is not just an attractive salary but the opportunity to work in a number one finance position for a truly exciting and innovative company! This would be the perfect opportunity for that very commercially and forward-thinking individual looking for their first position a Finance Director or indeed someone more seasoned who is wanting a fresh challenge in an phenomenally attractive sectors.