Head of Transactional Processing
Head of Transactional Processing
We have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Transactional Processing to join our Finance team based in Walsall. You'll be responsible for all of the HomeServe Membership Ltd UK financial transaction processing activities including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Banking and Refunds. You will also have line management responsibility for the transaction processing team.
Duties to include:
Managing all UK financial transactional processing teams so that:
- The processing of all UK HomeServe financial transactions is of high quality and that weekly and monthly deadlines are achieved.
- All payments to suppliers are correctly authorised in accordance with the requirements detailed in toolkit.
- All authorised payments are made within the agreed supplier credit terms
- All authorised contractor deductions processed within agreed timescales
- All paid contractor costs are recovered on a timely basis and that the amounts charged are in accordance with contractual agreements
- Credit control is carried out efficiently and effectively
- Understand operational and underwriting requirements relating to transaction processing by proactively engaging with the business
- All staff within your remit have the requisite skills, experience, qualifications, knowledge and competence to perform the roles assigned to them
- All customer refunds are processed efficiently and correctly
Mon th end reconciliations (for AR, AP,) are completed correctly to the agreed timescale
Become involved (at an appropriate level) with any ad-hoc projects that impact upon your area
Look for process and system improvements that impact upon the area.
Already experienced in dealing with transactions in a high volume business, you will have experience of Oracle Financials, with good organisational skills and a flexible approach to work.
You will have the ability to handle and to thrive in a demanding environment, with team management experience.
Ideally, you will be educated to degree level or hold an equivalent professional qualification (for example a CCAB qualification or equivalent), advanced Excel skills, for provision of detailed analysis and reporting and the ability to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of the business.
What We Offer
You'll get a competitive salary, 25 days holiday, car/car allowance, pension scheme, bonus, free HomeServe Cover 8 policy, benefits portal and awards scheme, onsite Costa Coffee with subsidised restaurant, free onsite parking, a relaxed dress code and the opportunity to be involved in a variety of charitable/volunteer work.
You'll work in a fun, friendly inclusive environment where People understand the value of their contribution to our goals and are encouraged to recognise a job well done. You'll be part of an open, engaged culture where everyone has an equal voice and the opportunity to get involved, as well as make a real difference in our Customers' lives.
Could you be who we're looking for?
It's our People that truly make what we do so special. As part of the HomeServe family your job will be to put our Customers first and we will give you everything you need to make this happen.
This is an exciting time to join HomeServe. We've been named as the third best place to work in the UK by Glassdoor, based solely on the input of our People. Glassdoor also placed HomeServe as one of the top three companies in the UK for maintaining a good work life balance. We've also been recognised as the 'Most improved company in the UK for Customer satisfaction in the services sector' in surveys by the Institute of Customer Service.
To learn more about our People, careers and the benefits of working at HomeServe, visit https://www.homeserve.com/uk/careers-hub . You can also learn more about HomeServe on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and check us out on Glassdoor.co.uk!
HomeServe is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and we are also happy to discuss flexible working for all of our jobs.
Only agencies on our PSL can provide us with CVs when instructed by our in-house recruitment team. We therefore are not in a position to accept any speculative CVs from agencies who are not on our PSL. If we become aware of unsolicited CVs being sent to us we will accept these as direct applications and process accordingly.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75227236