We are working with a prestigious Accountancy firm who due to their continuous growth they are expanding there team and are looking for a qualified accountant.
This is a position which is a full-time role and will based at our clients office in Coventry. The Accounts Senior will report to the Senior Manager.
This is a fast paced department which provides a full range of accounting and management information services to companies of all sizes. This is the fastest growing department, as businesses of all types recognise the advantages that outsourcing their day to day accounts requirements to our client can bring.
The department uses a range of technology tools including cloud accounts and invoice recognition software to enable them to provide these services efficiently and in a timely manner to clients. Management information in a wide variety of formats is produced and clients interacted with on a daily basis.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and qualities:-
- qualified accountant
- practice experience
- VAT return experience
- self motivated, efficient and hard working
- pay attention to detail
- able to keep up-to-date with accounting legislation & attend courses
- have knowledge of accounting rules
- high level of IT literacy
- meticulous in maintaining records
- have good communication skills
- able to interact positively with staff and clients at all levels
- must be able to take ownership and responsibility of tasks and follow through to completion
- able to deal with deadlines
The role will involve dealing with the following work:-
- preparation of monthly and quarterly management accounts on VAO clients
- preparation and submission of Vat returns, dealing directly with queries arising from those and other ad-hoc duties given to them
- develop day-to-day client relationships in connection with those roles
- must be able to communicate regularly, clearly and efficiently with the rest of the VAO team and other departments as well as clients, thinking on their feet at times in a pressurised atmosphere
- reviewing the work of the Semi-Senior.
The above job description is a guide to the work required to be undertaken but does not form part of a contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
Annual salary - £to be discussed at interview and will depend upon experience
37 hours per week
Auto enrolment pension scheme
20 days annual leave per holiday year
8 statutory days leave
The option to 'purchase’ a further 10 days’ annual leave.
Don't delay and apply today, my client is looking to interview as soon as possible!