Our client is a world leading, automotive manufacturer of prestige and high valued motor vehicles. With an ever-evolving heritage, truly exciting future and two of the world's most iconic brands, our client is revered across the globe continually pushing the boundaries of innovation and redefining the benchmark for excellence, setting the standards others want to follow.
You will be working alongside a group of skilled technicians assisting with the conversion and rectification of pre-production vehicles that need upgrading for sale to international markets.
They are currently seeking to recruit a number of experienced vehicle technicians with an electrical bias for start dates in August 2017. These roles are offered on a contract basis up to March 31 st 2018 with ongoing opportunities for the right candidates.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supporting the International Upgrade Team in fully preparing vehicles to meet "Pass to Customer" standards
- Processing of Pre-Production vehicles using rework instruction sheets to meet the agreed quality standards
- Complete vehicle software updates with SDD to outlined plan
- Follow update process to ensure software deployment is error free and to the highest quality
- Interrogations of Pre-Production vehicles to ensure all modules are to the correct hardware levels prior to upgrade
- Support with workshop investigations into complex electrical vehicle issues.
- Repair or replacement of major and minor units
- Carrying out vehicle fault diagnostics
- Ensure vehicle is reconfigured as per customer vehicle - e.g. windows reset, radio stations set etc
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Experience in electrical fault diagnostics
- Experience in problem solving skills & techniques
- Strong technical knowledge of 12V vehicle electrical systems and OBDII diagnostics
- Ideally City and Guilds or NVQ Level 1 & 2 in motor vehicle repair (light or heavy)
- Knowledge and practical understanding of H&S, C.O.S.H and environmental procedures
- Flexible attitude towards working hours as shifts and overtime will be required
- Flexible attitude towards location as travel between sites may be required
- FULL UK DRIVING LICENCE REQUIRED (Must be held for 3yrs or more and no more than 6 points)
WORKING HOURS: 37 hours per week
Monday-Thursday 7.30am-4pm, Friday 7.30am-12.30pm
Fortnightly rotating shifts:
Shift pattern one
Monday to Thursday 6am-2pm, Friday 6am -11am
Shift Pattern two
Monday to Thursday 2pm-10pm, Friday 11am-4pm
Please Note: The pay rates stated above are made up of three elements, Hourly pay rate, Holiday pay and Apex Recruitment's contribution to the payroll administrator's fee