Area Support Manager Midlands
You'll need experience of managing social care services for older people, ideally domiciliary care or extra care.
You will primarily provide support cover for the Registered Estates Managers; taking overall responsibility for the day-to-day operational running at a variety of developments.
As new developments open you will work with the Business Support Manager to deliver the induction and development plans of our teams.
* You will assist with the recruitment and training of new teams, working with the Business Support Manager to ensure that inductions are completed within the company.
* You will be able to assist with and deliver ongoing training across your region.
* You may be required to attend the launch of new developments.
* Work with the Human Resources department in recruitment and selection procedures and develop an effective staff team to create a good skill mix.
* Ensure that all staff receive appropriate Induction Training and other training and development opportunities.
* Undertake and delegate appraisals and the effective supervision for the staff team.
* Ensure effective performance management, addressing poor practice and dealing with grievances and disciplinary issues as required.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will need to:
* Holds their Diploma Level 5 in Health and Social Care (Adults) or equivalent and/or Registered Manager's Award
* Have excellent operational management experience, including experience of working with older people and understanding their needs.
* Ideally you'll have experience as an Area Manager, Operations Manager, Domiciliary Care Manager or Extra Care Manager
* Have direct experience of dealing with staff management issues
* Have strong communication skills
* Have knowledge of statutory and regulatory environments within domiciliary care
* Have a full, clean driving licence - as the successful candidate will be required to travel to all the developments within their remit.
Interested? To be considered for the Area Support Manager post please click 'apply to send your CV to Kelly Buckley at Coburg Banks
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing across the UK. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us. If you know of other people who are currently looking for a new career within the Health and Care Sector please refer them to us.