Release Engineer - Automotive
Releasing Engineer Consultant / Change Management - in Vehicle Product Development based in Gaydon, England
KCIG is a forward thinking company that actively works hand in hand with some of the world’s leading automotive manufacturers and suppliers. With offices in the UK, Germany and Spain, we are dedicated to providing the uppermost level of quality standards and service within a highly competitive industry.
In this challenging role set in an Engineering environment, the position comprises elements of data management, project management and business administration. Your responsibilities and tasks are varied and exciting.
- Co-ordinate engineering changes and undertake data management and analysis.
- Maintain parts database (Excel) and track engineering changes.
- Liaise with a broad spectrum of people including Engineering, Purchasing, Finance and Management and work closely with design, production and manufacturing engineers and other internal departments.
- Provide technical advice and answering queries from clients.
- Problem solving and issue resolution.
- Assess project requirements and work to project budgets, time-scales and specifications with clients and managers.
- Interpret and analyse results and data.
- Implement changes and improvements to processes.
- Write reports and documentations.
Nothing in the digital or physical world can happen without people. So we’re searching for individuals who are as comfortable interfacing with people as they are with data. We encourage our project teams to foster a solid understanding of the technologies that we use to innovate.
- University degree in an engineering discipline (a minimum 2:1 Bachelor degree)
- Experience in a releasing position gained within the automotive industry
- Ability to successfully manipulate huge sets of data and communicate complicated situations concisely
- Data can be complex and requires clear and concise presentation to assure sustainability in reporting and management.
- Good data equals good business, inaccurate data tells the wrong story.
- Therefore, you have profound Excel skills and the communicative competence to tell the right story based on reliable data with your excellent communication skills.
- Excellent Excel skills (including experience with macros and VBA, VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, Pivot, filtering, usage of formulas, etc.)
Please apply via REED or via our KCIG career site with a CV and motivation letter elaborating your specific experience and availability and salary/hourly rate expectation.
Additional Information: Position is available on freelance or employment basis.
A valid work permit for the UK (no Tier2 Visas accepted).