Desk Based Account Manager
Desk Based Account Manager, National Sales – Jewson Builders Merchants
What will I be doing in the role?
For the Desk Based Account Manager;
- You will support the sales team to deliver profitable growth by identifying and managing a full sales lead process across the business ensuring all sales opportunities are managed to full potential.
- The role is to focus on total account management of selected customers within the National Contractor Accounts who have potential to grow into major profitable trading accounts.
- You will collaborate with customers, National Account Managers and Major Account Managers to enable the sales teams to have all relevant information to follow up on sales leads and provide the business with a clear understanding of reasons around wins and losses.
- You will develop relationships with Customers, National Account Managers, Major Account Managers, Regional Sales Centres & suppliers.
- To ensure all information & leads are logged and passed to the relevant sales person.
- You will identify & forward all sales leads to key stakeholders within the business. You will perform a 360 degree follow up of leads to measure sales won & lost
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
Your KPIS’s will be based around reporting back activity and success from lead distribution
- Number of leads sent out
- New account openings
- Increased sales for sub contractors
- Live accounts (consistent spending activity)
Am I who you are looking for?
This role is a great step towards a future career in sales, so coupled with the above if you are a powerful communicator, with good negotiation, influencing and relationship management skills or are willing to learn, then this could be the career path for you.
Experience within the trade would be an advantage, although we’ll offer full product training. So whether you come from a DIY, Plumbing, Timber or Insulation merchant or from outside of the industry, we know you’ll have a lot to offer and we’ll have a lot to offer you.
First and foremost we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we’re agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we’re supportive of and close to our customers. Does this sound like you?
For the Desk Based Account Manager it is important that you;
- You should have some customer service experience. If you know what great services looks like, sounds like and feels like. That’s really important to us.
- Have a collaborative approach to engage with customers , suppliers & colleagues
- Have the ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team is essential
- The ability to multi task, prioritise and work under pressure
- Have good commercial acumen and have excellent networking skills
- Have a professional approach to communication
- Have excellent time management & planning and great IT Skills
- Have the ability to interpret output in to a headline analytical report/presentation format
- More importantly, we are looking for someone with the right attitude and behaviours. Someone who is eager to learn and really develop themselves, others and the service our company can offer.
What are the benefits?
In addition to a competitive base salary plus an attractive bonus scheme, you will benefit from a significant focus on your own personal development and also have access to:
- A defined contribution pension scheme.
- 31 days holiday (increasing to 33 days with service)
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holiday to be bought or sold).
- A defined share purchasing scheme (Each month you put away an agreed amount from your ‘pre-tax' pay and we use it to buy Saint-Gobain shares for you. As an added bonus, for every four shares you buy Saint-Gobain will give you an extra share free of charge).
- As an employee you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
- Staff discounts and various other benefits.
Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75190158