Accounts Assistant - AAT or Degree
My client have been established for a number of decades and are a recognisable and established name around Cheshire and Staffordshire. Due to growth within their exiting team they are seeking an Accounts Assistant to join the finance department. The company have a number of sites around the area and are experiencing a good business growth.
As Accounts Assistant your duties will be to support to day to day finance functions of the business.
Duties will include;
- Working alongside senior financial staff and accountants,
- Daily bank statement posting and reconciliation
- Allocation of supplier invoices
- Query resolution
- BACS payments for stock purchases and credits
- Assisting with the allocation and maintenance of the purchase ledger
- Assisting with the allocation and maintenance of the sales ledger
- Managing intercompany payments and VAT payments to HMRC
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly management accounts
- Assisting with year end
- Assist with any other ad-hoc duties
Salary for this position is £17,000 - £20,000 dependent on experience.
What you will need
To be a suitable for this accounts assistant position you will ideally have at least one year’s experience working within the accounts function of a business; however applications are welcomed from those who have recently graduated with an Accountancy and Finance degree or similar. AAT studiers are welcomed, however this is not essential. You will have excellent organisation and time-management skills and will be seeking a role which can and will offer progression within a finance function. Please note, years' experience and salary levels are purely a guide. Applications will be considered from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
If you are interested in this position please apply now and I will contact you for further discussion. If you are looking for a new position however this position is not suitable please contact me for a confidential discussion about your requirements.
If you know someone who could be interested in this Accounts Assistant job please share the advert with them.