Business Analyst - Finance
- The purpose of the role is to provide financial and commercial support to the Retail Concepts team, the objective of which is to enhance financial performance.
- The role is expected to provide the Retail Concepts Director with financial support, reporting and analysis on a timely basis and to work with them to develop opportunities to enhance the financial performance of the pub estate.
- Further develop our capability around consumer insight specifically through the enhancement of the Ei segmentation model.
- Review and assess the performance of marketing initiatives as well as developing new pricing structures.
- Work with Retail Concepts Director and Head of Food to evolve food solutions across all operating models.
Who are we?
We are the largest pub company in the UK, with over 4,500 properties that are predominantly run as leased and tenanted pubs. We aim to partner with entrepreneurs passionate about pubs, by granting leases and tenancies to the best publicans. We recruit high quality, commercially minded managers for our managed pubs, as well as collaborating with experienced experts in the pub industry.
- Establish effective relationships with all senior members of the Commercial team, to develop credible knowledge and a thorough understanding of the team’s challenges and opportunities; specifically to support the requirements of the Retail Concept Director/team.
- Produce accurate, timely and meaningful reporting on a regular basis to ensure the Retail Concepts team receive management information in an efficient and timely manner to assist in all commercial and financial decision making.
- Undertake rigorous interrogation of marketing and promotional activity across all business units in order to optimise company spend and returns.
- Management, evolution and use of EIG segmentation model in the business; enhancements through improvements in data feeds, visual presentation, and operational engagement, and continued use to support ongoing strategic initiatives.
- Assist in the development of consumer insight activity, working both with internal teams as well as third party suppliers to support business development, enhance data sets and develop understanding of customer profiling and customer experience tracking to develop specifically targeted retail and promotional strategies.
- Assist in building retail pricing structures across all models/segments, including the gathering of competitor benchmarks and the application of price laddering to maximise retail margins. Further to identify suitable price review cycles and provide business unit-specific recommendations in this regard, as well as assessing appropriate discounting and promotional structures.
- Assist in developing and executing menu margin models for all structured food offers across all operating models; to review such structures, including promotions, to optimise returns.
- Undertake adhoc reporting/project work within the FP&A team as and when required.
Location : Head Office
Status : Full Time / permanent
- Competitive salary
- Holiday - 25 days plus statutory holidays
- Bonus Scheme
- Death in Service
- Share Scheme(s)
- Private Medical and Dental Insurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gym membership
- Free Parking and onsite catering