Legal Secretary / Assistant
Legal Secretary / Assistant - Family - WorcesterPart Time (4 days a week)£18,000 (Pro-rata) Well established legal firms across Birmingham and the surrounding areas are seeking family secretaries / assistants to support fee earners dealing with a mix of privately funded, publicly funded and public child law family matters.These firms deal with matters relating to ancillary relief, divorce, pre-nuptial agreements, separation agreements, cohabitee disputes, civil partnerships, domestic violence, mediation, child arrangements relating to living/time spent, parental rights and prohibited steps.These roles will be to assist fee earners in their day to day work by providing support and an efficient secretarial and administrative service to fee earners within the Family department:
- Providing full secretarial support including using a digital dictation system to produce correspondence and other documentation related to legal transactions.
- Maintenance of comprehensive and accurate client admin files.
- Support fee earners in marketing activities.
- Completion of family related forms such as Form E`s.
- Billing duties
- Collation of financial statements
- Production of decree nisi and absolute
- Setting up mediation meetings
- Liaising with counsel regarding court litigation
- General team administration including photocopying, faxing, filing and scanning.
- Meeting and greeting clients.
- Handling telephone enquiries and directing accordingly.
- Arranging meeting room bookings/travel arrangements.
Desired skills and experience:
- Legal Secretary experience essential.
- Experience within family law desirable.
- Fast, accurate typing ability, ideally using digital audio systems.
- Experience of using case management system.
- IT literate - Microsoft Word / Excel / Outlook / Digital Audio software / Case Management.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please contact Peter at Ashville Knight on or email .