We are currently looking for a Maintenance Engineer in the Telford area to work for one of our most prestigious clients.
- Carry out all breakdown, planned/preventative maintenance and continuous improvement service on all laboratory equipment to support the overall achievements of CIS goals and targets.
- Develop / implement best operating practice for all instruments
- Ensure timely resolution of equipment failures and performance
- Producing timely and accurate reports of engineering and site activities ie. Engineer reports, planned maintenance reports, repair reports
- Maintenance and up keep of the facility
- Take lead on any new facility maintenance projects
- Appropriate Technical qualification - ONC, NVQ or C&G equivalent.
- Have a proven track record in an Engineering and fault finding role
- Good understanding of maintenance philosophies and techniques
- Good knowledge of engineering principles and their practical application
- Knowledge of pneumatic systems.
- Basic understanding of building services, ie. Electrical, foul waste, compressors, building maintenance.
- Knowledge and experience of the principles of operation of milk testing laboratory equipment desirable
- FOSS training - not essential
- Planning skills
- Promote and support the company quality & safety standards
- Strong interpersonal and developed communication skills (coaching & mentoring).
- Decisive, pro-active, self motivated and assertive
- Internal customer focus
- Ability to demonstrate working under initiative and think things through to solution
- Ability to work under own supervision
- IT literate
- 40hrs/pw with additional out of hours and weekend support when required
Salary & Benefits
- Up to £30,000
- 25 days holiday
- Performance-related bonus
- Childcare vouchers
- Christmas savings club
- Free parking
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75180030