Propulsion Engineer (Ballistician)
Propulsion Engineer - Kidderminster
A Propulsion Engineer is required to join for a leading defence organisation based in the Worcestershire area who manufacture niche, high value products for the Ministry of Defence.
The Propulsion Engineer is required to work in the rocket motor design team and will report to the Design Manager within the Engineering Department. The successful candidate will be the performance technical authority for multiple rocket motor products.
The Propulsion Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Designing, demonstrating, developing new products
- Conducting internal ballistic modelling to predict, verify and analyse the performance of rocket motors
- Working and leading new programmes to investigate new advances in rocket motor technology
- Participating in rocket motor trials
- Customer support
- Working with the wider business on all phases of the project cycle life
In addition, the following general attributes are required for the Propulsion Engineer:
- Masters/PhD qualified in Physics, Applied Mathematics or relevant Engineering subject
- Experience in solid propellant rocket motor design and analysis
- Ability to conduct modelling analysis, programming and use of Matlab
- Knowledge of best practice for rocket motor design
- Team player
- Proficient and confident communicator
Due to our client's activity and customer base, security clearances will be required. On this basis, applicants will need to be from a suitable nationality and background to be considered.
For further information on this role, please contact Sarah Davies.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75159382