Graduate Learning Support Assistant
PK Education is recruiting Graduate Learning Support Assistants to provide one-to-one and group support in a number of Primary Schools in Birmingham. PK Education require candidates to be flexible with working hours. Assignments can be part time to full time, temporary or permanent; to work in either Early Years, Key Stage 1 or Key Stage 2, and in some cases the possibility of gaining permanent employment initially through temporary contracts.
The role as a Learning Support Assistant is extremely valuable and key to the overall learning and development of pupils. The positions would suit individuals who are seeking a challenging, fun, and rewarding experience.
The ideal candidate should have the following:
- Or level 6 qualification: Childhood Studies degree (or equivalent course).
- Experience working as a Learning Support Assistants in EYFS, KS1 or KS2.
- Experience working with children with SEN (an advantage).
- Experience supporting pupils below national average.
- Flexible and available for full time work.
- Current, valid DBS (update service).
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of safeguarding policies.
- Up to date Safeguarding Qualification Lv1.
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- The ability to adapt quickly to a variety of situations.
- Caring attitude and a passion to contribute the learning and development of pupils.
- Be a confident person with a warm and friendly approach.
- Able to apply behaviour policies and reward schemes effectively.
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive rates of pay from between £8.30 and £11.60 per hour (AWR Compliant).
- 24/7 support and feedback from experienced education consultants.
- Exposure and networking opportunities with associated schools.
- Claim up to £150 worth of vouchers with each referral of a teacher or NQT.
PK Education is a supply teaching agency Birmingham. PK Education has a range of classroom assistant jobs (teaching assistant vacancies), along with a variety of primary school teacher jobs. PK Education is committed to embracing equal opportunities and diversity for all employees, workers and applicants; and shall adhere to such a policy at all times.
For any information or to apply please email or contact Alex on .