Cover Supervisor - Wrexham
Would you like flexible day to day work?
Are you an experienced teaching assistant?
Randstad Education are recruiting a cover supervisors on behalf of a secondary schools in the Wrexham, Chester and Denbighshire area. We are seeking a candidates to supervise lessons in a KS3 classroom environment. This role would ideally suit an individual wishing to gain more experience to enter a career in teaching, or someone who has previous experience working with young people and would like to develop their career in this field.
As this is a support role within the school, not one day will ever be the same as you will be in different classes throughout the day depending on staff absences, training and annual leave. This is an exciting and rewarding role, and is particularly useful to candidates who are seeking experience before applying for their PGCE.
* Able to manage a class in the absence of the teacher and be flexible in their way of working in order to meet the needs of the children and the school
* Deliver learning activities to pupils
* Supervise pupils whilst engaged in learning activities
* Ensure that, as best as is possible, learning objectives set by the teacher are achieved
* Respond appropriately to questions raised by pupils
* Ensure inclusion and acceptance of all pupils in the class in order to promote equal opportunities
* To collect any completed work to pass on to the teacher
* Act as a role model and set high expectations of conduct to ensure that good behaviour is maintained
* Keep appropriate records, as agreed with the teacher, to enable objective and accurate feedback to the teacher and pupils on conduct of the lessons
Randstad Education is the UK market leader. We have been helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent education jobs for nearly twenty years. Working with over 2,500 schools each week we can find the right match for your skills.
In reward for your hard work and commitment we provide competitive rates of pay with no hidden deductions, a refer a friend scheme, teacher of the term awards, access to Randstad Education's online CPD portfolio, long-term and permanent job opportunities, a dedicated consultant with a 24hr on call facility and an honest and trustworthy approach that matches you to the right school.
To discuss this in more detail, please apply online
(All applicants must meet Randstad Education's strict recruitment criteria and hold, or be willing to apply for, an enhanced DBS check.)