Quality Control Technician
Our client is a leading designer and manufacturer of fiber lasers for use in cutting, welding and marking applications in a wide range of industries. The company sells its products globally and has its major business operations, including Research and Development, Manufacturing and Product Marketing located in both Rugby and Southampton, UK, with additional Sales and Customer Support locations in Asia and North America. The company are introducing key new products at pace and this role is critical to the success of these implementations and growth plans.
To drive the improvement in quality of the companies’ products and their customer experience by ensuring that products (components and Lasers) are delivered to spec and by identifying areas of non- conformances and supporting implementation of corrective actions.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
1. Manufacturing Shop Floor:
- Visual inspection of any component or Laser, with accompanying paperwork
- Examples include but are not limited to: cosmetic inspection, optical inspection, mechanical fit, plumbing fixtures and electrical connections.
- Carrying out Pre- Shipment Reviews (PSR) using the Manufacturing Control System (MCS) to track components or lasers.
- Make components and lasers available on WinMan.
- Re-locate inspected component(s) or laser(s) ready for dispatch.
- Feedback any non-conformances to relevant Cells Leaders / Process Owners / Person responsible to ensure no repeating issues.
- Available to inspect and process any non- conformances relating to OEM modules shipped from Southampton
2. Audit support:
- Conduct audits upon request, or following identification of non- conformances, including: liaison with affected departments, documenting and monitoring of actions identified, driving through the closure of such actions within specified timescales. This may also include supporting qualified auditors in conducting internal audits.
3. Customer Interface:
- Preparation and presentation of Quality data / information during Customer site visits to the company.
4. Documentation and Records:
- Maintaining accurate records of audit findings using the companies’ document templates.
- Maintaining and reporting of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) previously agreed with PQRE.
- Technician will be required to regularly communicate with PQRE based in Southampton and on occasion visit the Southampton site
- Technician will be required, upon request, to deputize for the PQRE as and when business needs determine (e.g. holiday or illness cover etc.).
- Understanding of ‘Quality Systems’ or having worked in a quality assured environment
- Sound understanding of technical manufacturing with an ability to read and understand technical drawings, specifications and other product definition documents.
- Experience working with computer systems.
- Knowledge of Quality Improvement Tools (e.g. 8D, PDCA, 5-Why, SPC, PFMEA etc).
- Trained as Internal Auditor against QMS standard requirements.
- GCSE level qualification, or equivalent in English and Mathematics / Science (experience in lieu of qualification would be acceptable).
- Ability to determine work priorities and work independently or within a group to meet requirements.
- Process driven approach to determining root failure cause of issues identified and using appropriate problem- solving techniques to implement appropriate Corrective / Preventative actions.
- Good communication skills to allow presentation of information at all levels within the company, and with Customers where applicable.
- Good judgment in escalating issues at appropriate times.
- Willing to question the status quo and developing continuous improvement suggestions.
For an opportunity to join this expanding company please submit your CV online.
recruitx ref: / INDHP
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75235302