SENIOR DESIGN ENGINEER
Due to their progressive growth, our client, a global leader in powertrain design, test and manufacture, has an opportunity for a Senior Senior Design Engineer to join their Northampton site. You will be working within an organisation that will support you in pushing your career to the next level, whilst not compromising the work-life balance, which is reflected in their unrivaled benefits package.
The main focus of this position will be to:
- To lead and manage small to medium machine build and development projects (up to £0.5M) working with teams involving plants.
- To create concept and detailed design drawing using CAD 2D/3D, solid modelling techniques, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- To participate in installation and commissioning of machinery on site
- To advise in the development and continuous improvement projects running in plants.
- To liaise with plants, suppliers and other internal teams.
- To support plants and Product Development with process problems.
- Due to the geographical location of the manufacturing plants, travelling to Europe, US, South America and Asia is required.
For this you will receive an excellent salary including a fantastic benefits package.